This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k3b/automount nuisance

I'm using k3b to rip CD's to a sequence of MP3 files, one per track. After ripping the first CD, the CD is ejected as it should be. I then again opt to rip an audio CD and see a dialog box asking me to insert the CD -- which I do. Soon after, when k3b is about to rip, I get a message that some other process is running kaudio_cd. I gather that when I inserted the CD, that other process grabbed it. Is there any way to preempt the system from running kaudio_cd under these cirumstances.

Admittedly I can kill the extraneous kaudio_cd, which is why I call this problem a nuisance, but I shouldn't have to.

Re: k3b/automount nuisance

I have been getting this message as well recently. I just click continue. I believe it's for automounting. However, I don't get it with dvd's.

eriefisher
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Originally posted by eriefisher
      I have been getting this message as well recently. I just click continue. I believe it's for automounting. However, I don't get it with dvd's.
      Which window are you clicking Continue in?

Comment

When you get the message window pop up you should have the choice to kill kaudiocd, cancel or continue.

eriefisher
        ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Easiest way around the problem?

I've found the easiest way around the problem is just to kill k3b after ripping a CD, insert the next CD, and let tht automounter choose k3b again. Still, it should be that if you keep k3b alive and choose to rip another CD, it will work just as it did on the first one with no extraneous queries.

I wonder if there's any way to prevent the extraneous kaudio_cd from starting up in the first place.

Comment

You may want to either reconfigure the behaviour of KDE's "new media daemon" in respect to CDs/DVDs by means of [Alt][F2] kcmshell media - or kill the beast (read: daemon) once and for all, as desribed in this text ...

Comment

Working...
            X