This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another graphics driver problem, only this time with ATI

Alrighty I have a "ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro AGP 1X/2X" graphics card, and I am trying to get 3D acceleration to work on it. After reading this thread at Ubuntu forums http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=145944 I was lead to this http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Buil...09f538aca9b38c
    page, and I followed the instructions on it to a certain point but got stuck, not knowing exactly what do do at section "1.4. Building Mesa 3D drivers on Linux", I have no idea what they mean for me to do, if you can help me with it that would be great, if you have some other way of installing a driver please tell me.

C@RL
    Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty. -Benjamin Franklin

Re: Yet another graphics driver problem, only this time with ATI

Have you tried to use Envy?

http://www.albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

It's worth a shot.

eriefisher
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

I already tried it "ENVY ERROR: Envy does not recognise your card as compatible with any version of the driver. this might happen because either your card is not supported by the driver or Envy's hardware detection failed. You can try the manual installation at your risk."
      My graphics card is old so the driver will not work for it.

C@RL
      Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty. -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You should already have Mesa built and installed.
        For external use only.

Comment

So how would I go about using it? Just type in "mesa" in the driver section of my xorg.conf?

C@RL

Comment

"vesa", actually. The default software 3D rendering device.

If you want hardware 3D rendering, you'll need the fglrx driver. May I recommend my script?
            For external use only.

Comment

I am using the radeon module with my radeon 9200 and I have Beryl working could never get vesa to accelerate the fglrx will not work with older cards even with libso
              replacement
              You can give that a try
              cant find the link but the radeon driver works for me
              good luck

Comment

Working...
              X