This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson Stylus CX3200

All drivers for Epson Stylus in the CX series have been left out in the new kUbunti FF. Why would someone do that when it afair was ok in EE and DD?

Re: Epson Stylus CX3200

Space. Other things were added to the CD (or things just grew), and something had to be cut. It was printer drivers.
    For external use only.

Comment

I had the same problem with my Epson Stylus C62. Don't bother with the Gutenprint drivers, they don't work. Go to the printer setup program and when you see all the Epson drivers that are included go to the very bottom and you'll see "Stylus Series". Use that. Worked fine for me. Hope this helps.

Comment

I just check the database list here and the cx3200 and the c62 are both listed. I think they are in the foomatic packages. You need to download 2 from the repos. I had the same problem with a photo 245 I think it was.
        ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Well, I don't see any of those entries om ny kUbuntu 7

Hate to have to buy a new printer, as I got a lot of spare expensive toner around.

Won't shift to other Linux OS (but perhaps XP) as I finally have certain essential Video sites running for WiMP and Flash.

It should be possbile in kUbuntu to easily download the Epson drivers then.

Comment

Did you try to get them from the repos? There should be two foomatic packages there. These contain the drivers that were left out of the install disc. Once you have installed them go into the system settings>>printers and the the wizard will rebuild the data base. You printer should then show up to install the drivers.
            ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

The solution has been developed and is found here: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...;topicseen#new

Thanks for the advices.

Comment

Working...
              X