X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't open GMail

Hi everyone,

I searched the forums, but couldn't find an answer to my problem. In Konqueror, I cannot open my GMail account. After the "Loading..." screens, the window is white. In other browsers I can open my GMail account without any problems. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Re: Can't open GMail

In Konqueror try settings / configure konqueror / and set the browser identification for google / gmail to be firefox or one of the mozilla browsers.

Child
    http://www.last.fm/music/The+Pony+Collaboration

Comment

GMail is also not known to work very well with Konqueror at this time (you don't get to use the nifty "Ajax" stuff).
      E. A. (Ed) Graham, Jr.<br />Professional Java Geek<br />Linux User #28251

Comment

If gmail does open you will probably get a message telling you to use a supported browser. You should still be able to see your mail but not be able to adjust the settings.

I use kmail(kontact) to retrieve mail from gmail, it works great this way.
        ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

I just use Firefox.
          For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by rothchild
            In Konqueror try settings / configure konqueror / and set the browser identification for google / gmail to be firefox or one of the mozilla browsers.

Child
            Yep, GMail officialy does not support Konqueror, but I've heard this work around works quite nicely.

Comment

right click in the toolbar area, and show the 'extra toolbar.' There's a funny lookink police cap icon in the toolbar that lets you quickly change the browser identification, and also a wrench icon that let's you disable flash, javascript, etc. on the current page

Comment

It's a deerstalker. Sherlock Holmes thing.
                For external use only.

Comment

Working...
                X