Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set preference for verticle listing of files/folders including details?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I set preference for verticle listing of files/folders including details?

I am newbie. 7.04 Kubuntu Feisty KDE. I don't know what I did, however, the menu that was at the top of my /home/steven/ window has disappeared. In it there was a choice that I used, that would allow you to arrange files and folders vertically including details like the size of the folder. I would click on that option prior to working that page. It is gone, and I would like to get it back. Additionally is there a way to change the configuration where my preference becomes a default setting for my computer? Thank you for any help you may provide.

Re: How do I set preference for verticle listing of files/folders including details?

Are you referring to the Location Edit View Bookmarks Tools Settings Help items that would show under the main window blue title bar? If 'yes' and yours is missing (isn't visible), you probably just inadvertently chose to hide it. Pressing Ctrl+m will toggle it from hidden to visible.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: How do I set preference for verticle listing of files/folders including deta

Thank you. I have it back. Now, I would like to list my files and folders vertically rather than horizontal with Icons. There is an option to do this, however, I have to choose that option every time I open the program. Is there a way to make my choice default so that it opens vertically with details? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Re: How do I set preference for verticle listing of files/folders including deta

Applying analogously: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...74661#msg74661

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornRider
          It is nice to have it at the top of the list, because I do that every time I open the page, however, that is not my question - How do I make that selection <default>? When I open Konqueror, I would like that page to open in vertical listing with details. Using your recommendation, it just places my choice at the top of the list. It still requires another mouse-click, and every time I enter the page. I guess I am not so good at making myself clear; I hope you understand the question now, and can and are willing to continue to help me. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Re: How do I set preference for verticle listing of files/folders including details?

Set it how you like, then Settings > Save view profile > Kubuntu File Manager > (you probably want to toggle both options here) > Save.
            For external use only.

Comment

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! I got it. Sometimes you just get too happy, however, the horizontal icon placement plays havoc with my capability to take in information. The minute I get thing organized as just happened everything becomes easier. If I didn't mention it enough, Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai
                Thank you. I have it back. Now, I would like to list my files and folders vertically rather than horizontal with Icons. There is an option to do this, however, I have to choose that option every time I open the program. Is there a way to make my choice default so that it opens vertically with details? Thank you in advance.
                Thank you for the help, everything works as I want it now. You have all been so kind.

Comment

Working...
                X