X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change K Menu look

Hey guys,

I have installed some themes and tried them in both KDE and Beryl, however none of them change the look of the K Menu. How do I change the color and look of the menu?

Thanks.

B

Re: How to change K Menu look

You could install KBFX
    http://www.kbfx.org/

Than install themes and launch buttons
    http://www.kde-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=62
    Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

Right-click on the menu. This will give you a window with an edit option.

john

Comment

If you want to change the KMenu icon, you can just replace the image file. Do a search on kmenu.png.

You need to replace the one approriate for the icon size you have displayed (ex. /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/64x64/apps/kmenu.png).

I created a little batch file that replaces mine after every KDE update.
        Specs:&nbsp; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, after trying a few different things, Kbfx is where I ended. Thanks.

B

Comment

My KBFX does not switch nor will it go into the Kmenu, I have installed new themes and nothing. Same thing, just stays at the plain menu, I have edited the files in the root file system and it just does not change, it this some weird bug or what?

Comment

Working...
            X