This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenOffice crashing at launch?

Since installing Feisty on the test machine I've been unable to use OpenOffice on it -- when I try to launch any of the applications it shows the splash screen, then for half a second I see it drawing the outline of the application and then it crashes.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Re: OpenOffice crashing at launch?

Open a console and type:
    ooffice -writer

That way you'll get some error messages to lead you.

Post them here when you still are having problems.

Comment

This is what I get:

ooffice -writer
      X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
      Major opcode: 147
      Minor opcode: 3
      Resource id: 0x0
      Failed to open device
      X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
      Major opcode: 147
      Minor opcode: 3
      Resource id: 0x0
      Failed to open device

(process:14344): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2242: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:14344): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_font_options: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(process:14344): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2242: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:14344): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_screen_get_font_options: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

Comment

I had some problems related to OOo after I installed Feisty beta, witch straightened out after the installation of sunjava6 from the repos and enabling it in OOo in tools>options>Java. Worked like a charm afterwards.

Hope it helps...

Comment

I have java6 installed, but I can't get to any OpenOffice settings -- the program crashes when I try to launch it.

Comment

According to this thread it might be connected with having the crystal theme icons set to "small." Changing to the default icon set appears to have stopped the crashes.

Weird.

Comment

That's what I found too. http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3080612.0

Launch impress, which doesn't seem to be affected, and go to tools/options/Openoffice.org/view and either choose any icon set other than crystal, or use large icons. That should fix things.

Ian

Comment

Working...
              X