This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless stopped connecting but still scans

A day or two after I reinstalled feisty, after a trial of Hardy, and got the wireless working again, including printing on my LaserJet, which is attached to the modem/router through a JetDirect. The NIC is a D-Link (510, I think, but I'm sure it has an Atheros chip). I have been using Madwifi. One reason for not staying with hardy in that the madwifi tools don't seem to be available, or at least won't download at this time. I have gone back over the instructions in the Madwifi first-time how-to, beginning after “make install” as the modules are included now in the dintro. I paid particular attention to the gateway IP and the WEP key. The best I can do so far is to scan available networks wirelessly (the modem is across the hall), but I can't ping the modem/gateway or connect to the internet, even though my DSL connection is up and two other computers can connect (one wireless, and the other wired because it doesn't have a NIC and sits by the modem and printer).

One of the problems I had reinstalling madwifi was that wlanconfig couldn't be found (it's part of madwifi tools). I got one from another version I had on disk, but that keeps me from testing using the live CD.

If the NIC were bad, I wouldn't be able to scan wirelessly. Is there some other setting I have neglected?
Working...
X