This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't browse the web

Crazy thing happend to me the other night while setting up my router. Like an idiot I setup my kubuntu box with a static ip that was the same as the router. Duh!! Anyway when I restarted the network on the kubuntu box is crashed my whole network and I had to restart the router and everything else. I fixed the static ip settings and everything seems to work except I can't browse the web with either konqueror or firefox. They both just kind of get half way into the page and stop. I can see the other computers on my network and my newsreader isn't having any problem, So I think the core of networking is functioning properly. I have cleared my browser cache. I have launched both firefox and konqueror from the terminal in hopes there would be some clues in there, but none. System logs aren't showing anything. I can ping google.com just fine. Kind of at a loss here. It's like just http protocol is messed up. Anybody got any ideas where I can go from here?
    FKA: tanderson

Re: Can't browse the web

Wired or wireless router? What network manager are you running?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have a wired router and I was using knetworkmanager.

Comment

I have done some more testing. After going through just about everything I could think of, I hooked up my old router and kubuntu couldn't be happier. I then plugged in my gutsy machine, that I haven't messed with network settings at all, into my new router and it wasn't working either. I have a dapper machine that didn't mind it. So I have come to the conclusion that there is something clashing between feisty and later with this router. I have a linksys rv082 router. I think I will try some tech support from them. I will post back my progress.

Comment

I am back! The ubuntu forums had my solution. Here is a link if anyone struggles with this router.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ighlight=rv082

The ubuntu forum is so big I wonder if we should marry the forum search in some way?

Comment

Just remember: Kubuntu is Ubuntu with a KDE Desktop. I think that most of us here, in the Kubuntu Forum, also have an account in the Ubuntu Forum - I know I do. One should not dismiss looking over in the Ubuntu Forum for answers that may not be readally available here (and vise-versa).
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X