This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KWLAN

Hi, since yesterday I found Kwlan. It seems a nice prog.
    I installed it through Adept manager, running Feisty.
    Anyway, the version from Adept manager is 0.5.8 But I found newer versions, also for Kubuntu, my OS.
    The latest is 0.6.3 or so. I installed it last night, no problem. But it keeps asking for my password, twice.
    Another thing that bugs me is that is is so very slow, when I hover my mouse over the icons in my screen, it takes forever to show me any info.
    Also the program itself, when I want to change things in the settings menu, seems utterly slow.
    Is this only with my laptop, or are there more people with this problem? And how do I change, in the newer version, the request for my password everytime?
    So now I uninstalled 0.6.3 and installed 0.5.8 again, which seems to work faster.

Thanks for any answer.

Will.

Go through life one sheep at a time.

Re: KWLAN

Here's the 'canned' answer.

For any version of *ubuntu you are running - in your case, Feisty - stick to the packages that are listed in Adept Manager. Packages that are designed for Feisty, and that are placed in to the repositories for Feisty that you have active in Adept Manager, will be listed. The fact that you find a *newer* release for a package you have installed, but isn't listed in Adept Manager (it shows a lower release number) 'generally' means that what you found on the 'Net isn't for your version of *ubuntu. You may in fact be able to install it (you apparently did without any 'reported' errors), but it may not run as expected, which you apparently discovered.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X