This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kvnpc or Cisco vpn

Hello, I'm a newbie to the world of linux... after trying Kubuntu 7.04, I dual booted it on my laptop. (A Toshiba satellite A100) Almost everything up until this point has worked fine. (There's a minor issue with my external hard drive, but that's for another topic.) But upon trying to connect to my universities internet with Kvpnc, I encountered errors, I updated Kvpnc to the latest version, but I'm still getting errors...
    Specifically:
    error: The required helper program (pkcs11-tool) isn't available, connect will be disabled.
    So then I tried downloading and installing the linux version of Cisco's vpn software... No go there either... I followed the instructions located here: http://www.longren.org/2007/05/17/ho...4-feisty-fawn/

But this is what it said when I installed that way:
    Making module
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.20-16-generic/build SUBDIRS=/home/Myname/Desktop/University /Vpninstall/vpnclient modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.20-16-generic'
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/Vpninstall/vpnclient'. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.20-16-generic'
    make: *** [default] Error 2
    Failed to make module "cisco_ipsec.ko".
    And on top of all that, the Knetworkmanager's vpn also won't open for configuring...

So I'm a bit stuck.. I have zero expertise in any of this, and I'm only looking to make it possible for me to connect to my university network.
    Can anyone tell me:
    1- which of these is the easiest things to fix and;
    2- how to fix it. (Perferably in the easiest terms possible.)

Thanks in advance.
    [img width=400 height=109]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2286/xzerorain4wm.gif[/img]

Re: Kvnpc or Cisco vpn

I can't help you with the Cisco client side, as I've only used that client in Windows, but I am able to connect to my universities Cisco VPN with Kvpnc.

For starters, the package that contains pkcs11 should be libengine-pkcs11-openssl, so:
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install libengine-pkcs11-openssl
    Also, what are the VPN settings you are trying to use. Obviously don't put up your user or group passwords, but it would be helpful to know what options and such you are using.
    HP dv2600: Core2 @ 2.2 GHz, 2GB RAM, GeForce-M 8400SE , Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy 32-bit<br />Gateway E4000: P4 @ 2.4GHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200SE, Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy 32-bit<br />Averatec 2200: Turion64 @ 1.8GHz, 1GB RAM, Ubuntu Server 7.10 Gutsy 64-bit

Comment

Working...
    X