X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up the Wifi PCMCIA card and enabling the network wireless device

Hi,

I´m new at Kubuntu and would like to convert my home network from Windows XP and I have just been using Feisty Fawn for just 3 and 1/2 months only. I´ve not really mastered it yet and its pretty frustrating that I´ not having the same issues with Windows. I´m taking baby steps to do just that and currently I´m trying to enable my wireless network PCMCIA device for wifi. I think I´ve got most of the software installed and running but for still the system is not enabling the wireless network device in systems settings. I AM TOTALLY LOST. Need help real bad thanks.

Re: Setting up the Wifi PCMCIA card and enabling the network wireless device

Read through gilf's How to Solve Many KnetworkManager Wireless Connection Problems and see if it doesn't help you.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks. It does clear up the air somewhat. I've been pretty busy with my job lately and didn't have much time for this. Thinking of ditching the kubuntu in my laptop in favor of Win 2000. But, if I don't deal with this now, I'll still be dealing with it later. I wanna learn so I guess I'll just have to butt heads with the problem. Again many thanks.

Comment

try a dlink dwl g630 card. works out of the box. don't give up yet. the diff between windows and linux is that you actually learn about computing with linux .
        I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
        X