This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeout on server message from samba

When I call up konqueror to browse my network, I can see my workgroup Mshome. When I click on it nothing happens for a while then I get the message "Timeout on server mshome". I notice that the first letter of the workgroup is capitalized but the first letter of the message is not. Also samba is looking for smb://mshome. Looking in my smb.conf I see the workgroup as "MSHOME" this seems odd to me, is the oproblemcused by the difference in capitalization or something else? The odd thing is that this network used to be working and to my knowledge I havben't changed anything.

Re: Timeout on server message from samba

Try to bring the cases for Mshome into agreement on the Linux machine.

Make sure cables are all connected.

Sometimes passwords don't work if long on some older windows machines. Try a password of 5 characters and see if it works.

Make sure that there are actually folders that are shared on the windows machine. Check it for shared folders. Try temporarily setting them to open without a password.

Make sure the windows machine has its IP renewed if you use dhcp (run winipcfg if an older windows machine).

Check that you can see the Windows machine on the network from another windows machine.

Make sure Samba is started.

Make sure your router is allowing you access.

Comment

Working...
    X