This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not resolve mount point

I have Ubuntu Server 6.10 installed running a Samba server. Due to the root drive failure of that server, I re-loaded with a new drive. I configure Samba using Webmin 1.340 (Ubuntu repository version).

There is no problem browsing to my file shares via the "System Menu" -> "Remote Places" -> "Samba Shares" process. However, whenever I try to mount the share via fstab (and mtab), I get an error that says "Could not resolve mount point <name_of_mountpoint>". The syslog shows several entries. One is "smb_add_request: request [ef0d2e80, mid=90] timed out!" and the other is "smb_retry: no connection process".

Nothing has changed on the client, ie the mounting worked before the server reload, mount point exists, etc. I believe I configured everything properly on the server; however, there are so many options it's possible I messed something up. However, if it's configured wrong on the server, I don't understand how I can browse to the shares (and change files/directories) via the System Menu and "smbclient -L <servername>" produces the list of shares available.

I need to be able to mount the shares because some apps (specifically, Amarok) cannot use a remote share (must be local directory). I've Googled, read man pages, and done everything else a newbie can do. Someone PLEASE help! Thanks.
    Ernie Grossmann<br />Opening doors, closing Windows.......<br />AMD Athlon X2<br />Asus K8, 2 GB PC 3200 RAM<br />Using Kubutu 10.10
Working...
X