This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netgear WN121T wireless USB adapter

I am still very very new to Linux. Have bought this wireless adapter thinking it would be fine with Kubuntu - but the machine does not recognise it and the disc has no drivers :-( The router I bought with it - Netgear Rangemax DG834N claimed to work with Linux - so I somewhat naivley just assumed all would be well.

I have an Intel core2Duo PC with 2GB RAM and ASUS board - can anyone point me in the right direction to try to find a fix to get the USB adapter to work?

Thanks for any help

Scotyjock

Netgear WN121T wireless USB adapter

I'm also very very new to Linux & Kubuntu and am having the same problem with the same equipment .

Apparently we need *.inf and *.sys files for the Netgear drivers. A friend of mine found these for me (but I'm not sure where from), but I'm not sure what to do with these files .

He thought that I should simply attempt to connect to the internet and it would ask me for the drivers, but this didn't happen.

As far as I know, it doesn't even recognise that the card is plugged in, however it does recognise it in a USB Devices list somewhere under the System menu.

Help with what to do would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Comment

Re: Netgear WN121T wireless USB adapter

This page seems to indicate that it should work straight out of the box, and there's a bit more info here..
      Can you open up Ksystemlog and see what happens when you plug in the device?

Comment

Working...
      X