This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer setup - No option for networked printer

When I go into system settings, printers, add printer, the menu does not offer me the option of networked printer. It is grayed out. The only options that aren't grayed out are local, smb, other and class. I have tried administrator mode and get the same results. I have a couple of printers that are connected to the network via linksys wireless print servers that I am trying to connect to. Any idea what is up? I have searched and can't find anything. I have other boxes setup similarly without this problem. It looks like maybe something isn't installed, but if so, I can't find it. Thanks for any assistance.

Re: Printer setup - No option for networked printer

Similar problem here. I have two PCs and one Linksys router. Under Windows XP they are all sharing the single printer that I have. Now, I can't seem to find out how to share the printer nor, for that matter, to see the other computers on my network.

Noob...

M
    sudo make me rich<br /><br />Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10<br />KDE 3.5<br />Compaq Presario 5000<br />Intel Celeron 1.2 Ghz<br />512 Ram, Riva TNT2 Video Card<br />All the above hardware is 7 year old junk but<br />Linux runs great on it.&nbsp; :&gt<br />Ham Radio Rules

Comment

Re: Printer setup - No option for networked printer

Actually, yours is not the same problem and you should start your own thread. I expect your solution may be simpler than mine. I have used adept to check what is installed and I installed a few more items (lpr) that I thought might help. This has to be a straightforward issue, come on guys. When I go to setup up a new printer, the network printer option is grayed out. I also did a reinstall on everything cups that was installed. No joy. Still need help.

Comment

Working...
      X