X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KPPP - USB Dialup Modem Not Recognised

Hi All.

Have got a 56K USB External Modem (using the Rockwell chipset).
    The manufacturers website says that this model works with Linux.
    (BTW It says the Rev 3 version should, except that I cannot query the rotten thing to confirm that its Rev 3!).

It gets checked on boot so it seems to be alive (supposed to be working fine when I got it).

The KDE Info Centre reconises the modem as being on OHCI Host Controller (1), so the modem is recognised by my system.

So far, so good.

Yet I have no luck in recognising using KPPP (have tried to query the modem on all the USB ports listed there). Also the /dev/ttyACM* ports listed by the manufacturer.

wvdialconf will not recognise it as its only looking for serial ports....

So I am stuck on configuring my system so that it will work with this modem.

Any ideas pls?

On a completely separate note:

My search for answers on this got some info on QtWvDialer.
    Is anyone aware of it and is there a good reason that KPPP is used instead of QtWvDialer? It might be a licence thing (i don't think its GPL'd).

Many thanks

Cheers

Andy

Many thanks

Andy

--

Re: KPPP - USB Dialup Modem Not Recognised

I would just go ahead and configure KPPP with your info and try to dial out. If you have a problem, change the /dev and try to dial again. I had a similar issue with a serial modem in that if you queried the modem it would give errors "could not find modem" or "modem busy". However, it would dial out and connect with no problems as long as you selected the right /dev.

eriefisher
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Re: KPPP - USB Dialup Modem Not Recognised

You can always try to configure "pppconfig" and set it up with your modem /dev/ttyACM and see if it connects! All you need to do is type in pon to connect and poff to disconnect!

Comment

Working...
      X