This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly complicated network question?

Ok guys. i have a laptop that has windows XP on it which is for work. I have installed vmware server and created a Kubuntu image on VM Ware. I have everything installed and this is where it gets complicated because to get to the internet and my work network I have to use cisco vpn to connection to my work network. What i am curious about is if I am able to connect to my work network via VPN under Windows XP, then load my Kubuntu image and access the internet on Kubuntu. I am not wanting to access my network shares or anything from the Kubuntu image. Just utilize the internet connection that is provided when i log into my work network via the VPN connection. Hope that made a little bit of sense.

Re: Possibly complicated network question?

I could be wrong here but I don't think that kubuntu will use the vpn connection along side XP, which is what this type of connection is designed for(security). However, Kubuntu will use the connection that the vpn is sent out on but I believe you must share the internet connection in XP.

eriefisher
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

I do it the other way -- I run VMWare Player on Kubuntu, and then in the Win XP virtual machine I run Cisco VPN to connect to the Exchange Server at the office.

I have not heard of it working the way you are proposing ... I think in Linux you have to learn ssh or something. :P

Comment

There are several vpn clients for Linux. Kvpn, Openvpn etc.
        ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Working...
        X