This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Adapter

I have a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Adapter that I used to use for my Nintendo DS stuff. However, I got a wireless network recently and this thing became useless.

The other day, I read that there are drivers for Linux that will let this device run in a client mode (since it's nothing but a rebranded RT2570 chipset device), turning it into a Wi-Fi receiver. I thought it would be useful for finally getting my older box (running Feisty) onto the internet since I'm not in the financial position (I'm a mere student >_>) to go buy a PCI card.

I downloaded the drivers and I got them to compile and install. However, the OS doesn't seem to like it very much.

It recognizes that I've got some kind of device in the network configuration, and I can open up its settings and edit them. I put in my encryption key (but it kept setting it to Hex when I typed in the ASCII representation of the key and vice-versa) and the SSID of my home network, and I also manually put in the DNS servers my ISP uses. However, when I try to save the settings, a dialog that says it is saving the settings pops up and it never goes away. It's like it gets locked up as it's saving. In addition, the network monitor icon near the clock seems to think that the device is there, but only lets me go into manual setup (which is where I just was). If I close the saving settings dialog thing, it'll close, but my settings won't save and it forgets my encryption key every time.

I'm not sure how to get this to work properly so that I can get the computer online. Any ideas? Or maybe just some instructions that I could follow from step 1 and start over that would get it to work?

EDIT: Never mind, I just started over from the top and it seems to work fine now.
Working...
X