X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenVPN and Kubuntu

Hello,
    I am trying to use OpenVPN to connect to work. I have tried kvpnc and network manager but both are not working.

With kvpnc I import the profile, and ensure the path to the keys are good.

However, when I try to connect the status stays at "connecting." I never receive any error. The only message printed to the log is, "openpvn started"

I have tried using knetworkmanager but I never can get to the VPN configuration screens. When I select "Configure VPN" nothing happens.

I need this to connect to work and can only use Windows with the OpenVPN client.

Please help me out with this, as I really do not want to depend on Windows.

Thanks in advance.

Re: OpenVPN and Kubuntu

have tried using knetworkmanager but I never can get to the VPN configuration screens. When I select "Configure VPN" nothing happens.
    This might help with getting knetworkmanager to handle your VPN. Use it all the time with no problems.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3081799.0

Comment

That did the trick, thank you.

Comment

It did't helped at all sorry... I have installed openvpn libraries and trying using knetwopkmanager to launch an openvpn connection but it won't do. I have a ca.crt file and a ta.key file but i don;t know what my uni's server support. I get a message from knetworkmanager that i can't connect to the vpn server.

Comment

Working...
        X