X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Knetworkmanager auto

Hello everyone.

It seems that if you select manual configuration within Knetworkmanager and choose the dhcp or manual option it modifies the /ect/network/interfaces file and you can no longer use the auto configuration feature.

On a properly configured system notice when you first enter the manual config screen for your interface neither of the 2 options are selected.

To solve this I removed everything in /ect/network/interfaces except for the lo interface to look like this and everything was back to normal:

auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

This is the big problem that is causing Linux to really catch on with the public. Little things that should just plain work...

Comment

Thanks mate, that worked for me too ...

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by kbtu_newbie
        It seems that if you select manual configuration within Knetworkmanager and choose the dhcp or manual option it modifies the /ect/network/interfaces file and you can no longer use the auto configuration feature.

To solve this I removed everything in /ect/network/interfaces except for the lo interface to look like this and everything was back to normal:

auto lo
        iface lo inet loopback
        Spot on I've just been doing some reading and that is the solution!
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Does this solve for knetwork manager dropping wireless connections on a regular basis?

-Emo

Comment

Working...
          X