X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network profiles

Hi to all.

I'm running kubuntu on my laptop from 6.10. I recently updated to 7.04, however I'm fighting from ever with KNetworkConf, and things don't seem better in 7.04 than in 6.10.

I defined three network profiles in KnetwotkConf, and every time I boot my laptop I have to open "System settings -> network settings". I can see a pop up talking about "platform detecting", but when it disappears, my network configuration is never right. So, I have to push button "Administrator mode", give my password, select the desired profile, and load it. However, this isn't sufficient: often I get a message telling me that the predefined gateway isn't right, and I have to put it again, almost every time I boot my laptop.

There is someone who could get KNetworkConf working in a decent way?

How can I have my profiles stored permanently? How can I avoid to put my password every time I switch network profile? There is a way to have the right profile selected automatically? I know that in /etc/network/interfaces I can put "mapping stanzas" to obtain such automatic selection, but KNetworkConf updates it from /var/cache/setup-tool-backends/data/network/profiles.xml, so which is the right way to do it?

Thanks in advance
    Orpilda
Working...
X