This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Issue - Feisty

I recently installed Kubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) and am having problems getting wireless to work. It always gets to about 28% during the activation stage (using KNetworkManager) and then disconnects. I have a Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g wireless adapter in a ThinkPad T30.

Any suggestions?

Re: Wireless Issue - Feisty

There are several possibilities.

Firstly, do you use WPA? If so, Feisty might not connect properly. Try WEP as a temporary workaround.

Secondly kwallet might not store the correct password. This will definitely be the case after you've changed encryptions Open kwallte, find your network and delete the entry, not only the password.

When connecting next time, you should be asked for the login details, enter them ans kwallet should store them correctly for the future.

Comment

My home network - WEP, but my wireless network at work uses WPA. I will give the kwallet thing a shot today and see if that helps me out. I'll update later...

Comment

I had the same problem with knetworkmanager getting stuck at 28% while loading my wireless network. I loaded wlassistant and removed knetworkmanager and it connects much better. I still have to connect manually, but I think wlassistant can be configured to load at boot.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdling
          I had the same problem with knetworkmanager getting stuck at 28% while loading my wireless network. I loaded wlassistant and removed knetworkmanager and it connects much better. I still have to connect manually, but I think wlassistant can be configured to load at boot.
          wow i'm glad I read this post. I have read some many others that say install this build this. Well I installed wlassistant and it connected right away. Baffles me as to why KnetworkManger would not.

Comment

I have a similar problem, but wlassistant doesn't solve this issue. What I discovered is that there's a mismatch between kernel wireless extensions and wireless tools.
            At the moment (k)ubuntu kernel is compiled with wireless extensions that fully support wireless tools up to version 28, but wireless tools is installed v.29. This prevents connecting if AP is hidden. If you switch on the SSID broadcast, it'll work with knetworkmanager too.

Comment

Working...
            X