Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Network doesn't restart automatically after reboot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network doesn't restart automatically after reboot.

How can I get my wireless connection to start after reboot? I have used the network configuration in System settings to start on boot but it will not. I have to go in and enable the wifi after every reboot.
    I have also tried knetwork manager with the same result. IPW3945
    Thanks

Re: Network doesn't restart automatically after reboot.

I guess my problem has a little more to it. Apparently my network connection also keeps dropping without a reboot. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Hmmm, you have an intel based wireless....it might have something to do with the firmware that has to be loaded for this chip...I've seen something similar on some forum...try google...

Comment

My Wireless (Intel 2200 I think) worked fine under Dapper, Edgy and at the start with Feisty. A couple of weeks ago, Fesity lost the ability to remember my WEP password and default gateway settings, meaning it doesn't start on boot. I get round that with the Wireless assistant.

However, yesterdays update and todays has left the system hanging (i.e pausing for about 90 seconds) while it tries to configure the network (I know this because on one occasion it booted of its own accord in text mode. I can't help thinking the 2 issues are connected.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Ian

Comment

Yeah,

I have the same problem now also. It stalls/hangs during boot now and then does not start the wireless network.

Comment

Working...
          X