X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant network configuration reset

Hello,

I'd like to apologize in advance if I'll sound a bit rude, but I'm now wrestling with my computer for more than an hour to fix this stupid issue.

Ok, in plain words : Which fscking retarded daemon is actually reseting by network configuration every 5 minutes ?!?!

I did set a static IP in /etc/network/interfaces AND in /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf, but some lousy piece of crap persist in using a non routable IP (although a nice DHCP server is present), reset my resolv.conf, and mess up my routes.

I never had problems with linux networking since 96 when I first used it, but I admit this last beta confuses me. Right now I'd like to know :
    - Which daemon is actually playing a prank on me so I can politely tell him to go play outside ?
    - What is the correct way (each HOWTO gives a different answer) to set a nice static IP which won't get changed every time I look away ?

Sorry again if this sounded harsh, but it took me 20 minutes and 2 configuration change to register and post this message. Thanks to everyone who can clue me in. For bonus points, if you can tell me which developer I need to chastise for that, I'll be grateful.

Re: Constant network configuration reset

For starters, you may set a snare of sorts for the "culprit to be (caught)":

Code:
    sudo chmod 444 /etc/resolv.conf
    sudo tail -f /var/log/messages

Comment

Working...
    X