This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved - Wireless card not recognized

Since I cannot get the upgrade working I burned an 7.04 iso and booted the CD live. Unlike the 6.10 version, my wireless card is not recognized. It was immediately recognized in with the 6.10 running as a live CD as well as when the software was installed.

Card is a Belkin F5D7000.

Re: Wireless card not recognized

Now that I got the upgrade to work using the new tool, the TrendNet wireless card not only does not work, it is not even recognized and ndiswrapper install of the driver does nothing. Still not recognized. How can a piece of hardware work in one version, and then you move up and it does not work and not even recognized. Puzzling.

Comment

Re: Wireless card not recognized

I have the same problem with intel wlan 2200BG. Worked on edgy, but not on feisty fawn.

Comment

Re: Solved - Wireless card not recognized

Here's what it took. I finally got the driver installed correctly using ndiswrapper. Then another problem developed. The two network SSIDs showed up in knetworkmanager o.k., but I could never get them to connect to either network. They got to about 57% and hung. So I shut down knetworkmanager and just configured the network from the system settings -> network and got it working. Then I restarted the computer and sure enough, knetworkmanager came up again, and would not connect. Shut it down again, configured it again at system settings, and again I'm back up on the net. Thinking of just uninstalling knetworkmanager - something is just not right with it.

Comment

Good to hear that you got it working. You may want to submit it as a bug for further review

Comment

I went there and they want yet another log-in set-up to complete bug reports. I am tired to creating all these log-ins - one for Ubuntu, one for Kubuntu and now for bug reports yet another. It would be nice if you could create one log-in that works for everything and all versions of ?buntu.

Comment

I agree, but kubuntu is really not much different then ubuntu. Isn't it ubuntu with the kde environment preinstalled? so I would think by submitting it to the ubuntu error log it would become part of kubuntu and xubuntu when it is fixed.

Comment

Working...
              X