• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feisty Release 2

Anyone tried out the new release yet?
    https://wiki.kubuntu.org/FeistyFawn/Herd2/Kubuntu

Sinclair

Re: Feisty Release 2

Everybody who has installed Feisty and upgrades every day, has this release too. I just have one problem, all the fonts in Xwindows in KDE are a little smaller, even in KDM so I had to enlarge them all. Does anybody have this problem too since upgrading to Herd 2?

Comment

Well I am not running Feisty (have enough headaches with Edgy) which is why I asked. Does it seem stable and is the new powerguidance (for laptops) working well?

What font is the choice now for KDE?

Sinclair

Comment

Originally posted by Sinclair
        Does it seem stable?
        As it is still in alpha stage, the question of stability is a bit premature. On my test system it is quite stable (although there are some dependency conflicts that should be solved later this week), but there's no guarantee it won't destabilize/break during the development before the release.

Comment

It is very stable on my IBM Thinkpad laptop, I think more stable than some versions of Dapper or Edgy. I have only a problems on my desktop where I have to use older 2.6.17 kernel cause newer does not work.

Comment

Sounds interesting. Dapper was good to me but I had to upgrade (also a kernel-thing) but am still running on it on a "spare"-pc with no problems. Edgy has had its fair share of odd problems.

So can only hope for Feisty to be good and then I will scratch my Dell Inspiron 6400 completely.

8)

Comment

Working...
            X