This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install kernel 2.6.27.2

Hi. I compiled kernel 2.6.27.2 with ubuntu patches without initrd suppurt for my laptop,and i saw,that names of partitions changed from sda to hda. I changed from UUID to absolute name partitions. And system started up to login window,after entered a password i see message "can't start kstartconfig" ,it's about, and button 'okay'.it's all. Anybody knows what are happens? Thanks.

Re: Install kernel 2.6.27.2

I am not sure what's going on, but two thoughts: 1. Are you sure it is a good idea to not use initrd? 2. Why _not_ use UUID? These are the sagest way to access devices/paritions, they provide a unique name for the partition no matter how it is named (sd/hd, etc), and how you define them in the BIOS, the connection to the mobo, etc.

Comment

Re: Install kernel 2.6.27.2

I could find my 2 big errors. AT 1, Without initrd system does't know about map partitions and looking for absolute name. It's hda, and 2, i don't make support fs ext2 in the kernel- its my home partition. About initrd - too many things unusable by my (and yours,i think) system.

Comment

Working...
      X