This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubles with inodes

Hi, my kub doesn't started yesterday, so many messages about filesystem errors, inodes errors. Fsck can't repair them. What's problem i have? Thanks. I hope is it not damage hd started...

Re: Troubles with inodes

Yeah, that's either serious filesystem corruption or a hard drive failing.

Time to back up your data, and then figure out how you're going to test that hard drive to see if you can verify that its a candidate for the dumpster.

If you have time, one thing you could do is re-partition it, re-format it, and install Kubuntu again, and then work with it to see if it starts spewing those errors again. Probably it will.

Sorry.

Comment

It' s bad.... And i'll do it this night.. I have troubles like this with ext2, i think thet ext3 more stable,may be my hd is damaged,but i buy its in last year, wdc brand... Thanks.. Fat partitions on this hd have good health.?!

Comment

Try what dibl said, and try it with, as you say, ext3 (not ext2). See if it helps. I've experienced 2 cases where it cleared things up for me. (journaling, self-checking, etc.)
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike
          Try what dibl said, and try it with, as you say, ext3 (not ext2). See if it helps. I've experienced 2 cases where it cleared things up for me. (journaling, self-checking, etc.)
          Same here. I agree.

Comment

Thanks... I reinstall the system with ext3 fs. All good...yet..

Comment

Glad to hear... keep us posted!

Comment

Yep -- thanks for the feedback thus far; hope it flies all the way for you!
                An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                X