This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kde not started

Hi,when i try login,system go to menu for login. Start in single mode flow succesfully. In the logs messages i find: kdm-greet cant't open default user face. Added new user doesn't help. Help. Thanks.

Re: Kde not started

I can big mistake when on/off some services , and now i dont' know what to do.. Would anybody can write list of services in the rc5 file here..or send me. Cooper-66@mail.ru. Thanks

Comment

Can you log in as root, and run the X server? That's not normally recommended, but it sounds like you need to get to the Services menu and turn back on something that you turned off.

At the CLI, log in with your user name and login, then do
      Code:
      sudo su
      and give the root password, and then run
      Code:
      /etc/init.d/kdm start
      and log in as root to run the desktop. Fix your services, then log back out and restart so you can do the normal login.

Comment

When i started in the single mode(recovery) there are window of adjustment services doesn't enable, in the below shows message:services doesn't enable for edit, may be it's error by incorrect updates kde.. Like about it... And i can't change anything...may be the best way is reinstall kdm? How i do it?

Comment

When i'm started like root, system stopped on the loading desktop and doesn't respond.... I need list of services in the rc5.d. Can you send me it?

Comment

The attached .txt file contains the output of ls -l /etc/rc5.d on my system (Gutsy 32-bit). Feisty probably is a bit different?
            Attached Files
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Goo.thanks. And more.. Than i try start system show the message /dev/null permission denied and in mc all files in the /dev folder are rosy... I feel that is not good.. What's not good?

Comment

What means numbers in the name of links in the rc5.d folder? I could started my system under my login one time. With help typing kdm restart. And couldn't more.

Comment

Now, system not start in thd recovery mode..badly

Comment

Hi, when i try started login like user, it's message: xauth: error in locking autority file /home/user/.Xautority , if i make sudo startx system and kde started in mode 2. What's problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X