X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Res:

Hi,

Still have screen resolution problem. Followed instructions using 'ctrl-alt +/- " which works, then after getting proper resolution tried to remove File "rm .kde/share/config/displayconfigrc" replies with file does not exist. I have to use command ctrl-alt +/- everytime I have to boot up Kubuntu .

The resolution is suppose to be : 1024x768x60hertz 32bits/pixel My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 701n 17" Flat screen

Thanks in advance

Re: Screen Res:

That 32-bit depth setting may be part of the problem, Pinky -- although it doesn't sound "logical". I have a Samsung 1100, and an Nvidia 7900GS card. I got the best results by running (from the konsole)
    Code:
    sudo nvidia-settings
    and using that utility to set the resolution and refresh rates (after letting it detect the monitor), and then using the "Save to X Config File" function to let it write the settings to /etc/X11/xorg.conf. It set the default pixel depth to 24.

HTH

Comment

Re: Screen Res:

Hi dibl,

Big problems ctrl-alt +/- does not work anynore to set resolution I managed to get a terminal window and used your code: "sudo nvidia-settings" command not recognized .

So I managed to get into system settings through terminal to set display this is what I got when I clicked:
      1. error occurred during last upgrade.
      2. orphaned control module you have old 3rd party parts all over.

I am totally confused now I fixed everything except the resolution. I don't know where to go now? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X