X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Kubuntu 7.04 on Dell Inspiron 9300

Hi all!
    Does somebody have some specific experience with installing Kubuntu 7.04 on Dell Inspiron 9300. I want to know if there are some common problems, WiFi, sound/video card, overall performance, etc. Any info related to this laptop with Kubuntu will be of value

Thanx! 8)

Re: Installing Kubuntu 7.04 on Dell Inspiron 9300

I don't have anything specific to that model, but I have installed on a DELL Insp. 3800, Insp. 2650, Insp. 1000 and a Lat. D810 and a Demin. 8300. I have never had any problems out of this systems even with 7.04. The ONLY problem I have had is the built in wireless cards. That is it. I have never had a problem out of the graphics systems or the sound systems and each one that I dealt with had varying components. Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Installing Kubuntu 7.04 on Dell Inspiron 9300

Originally posted by JanKuzo
      Hi all!
      Does somebody have some specific experience with installing Kubuntu 7.04 on Dell Inspiron 9300. I want to know if there are some common problems, WiFi, sound/video card, overall performance, etc. Any info related to this laptop with Kubuntu will be of value

Thanx! 8)
      Isn't the 9300 like the e1705?? if soyou won't have any problems. The wifi depends on your card. if its Intel it won't be a problem. If its a dell card you may have to use Ndiswrapper and a windows driver. Not too tough but just a little more configing. I used to have a dell 1390 card and saw a 3945 intel card on ebay for a mere $20 so I've been on that one for some time. Performance seems better with the intel card. Video is not a big deal either. if you are ATi there are drivers if yiu are Nvidia your covered even better.

PDR60

Comment

Working...
      X