This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installing kunubu 7.04

I currently have vista on my laptop but I want to load Kunubu on it as a dual os boot. But I did the live cd and it will not boot and I even change the boot settings in the bios so it would load the cd from which I downloaded from the kunubu site. I can't get the iso file I download for the distro to install and load

Any suggestions

Erik

Re: installing kunubu 7.04

No. We need much more information.

¿Do you see the first Kubuntu screen?, ¿Where does it stop?
    ¿How do you burn the iso file?
    ¿What hardware have you got?

Javier.

Comment

I just burned the iso file to my cd, and set the status as a live cd. I changed the boot settings to start the cd first. the first kubuntu never did come out. I have 1.2 mb ram 60gb hard disk motherboard is pentium 4 with 2.8ghz cpu. it is a 32 bit system. The disk never went anywhere even thought the iso file is on there. Do I need something else to open it or what.

Comment

You have burn the disk wrong.

You should not record the iso file on the CD, but burn it as a image. The resulting CD should contain a bunch of files and folders, not the iso file.

There should be an option to record iso files as images on the burning software that you use.

There is video here of how to do it on Nero:

http://ubuntuclips.org/videos/5

Javier.

Comment

It's also a good idea to burn the iso image at a very slow speed, alike about 4X.
          I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Working...
          X