This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pure KDE Packages.

OK I don't know if this has been previously asked but I want to know how to have a PURE KDE installation NO GNOME NO GTK no GNOME stuff is it possible?
    I want to install PURE GNOME and PURE KDE Fiesty in two separate installations
    Also I am migrating from Gnome to KDE is there a way to get rid of all the gnome softwares libraries and packages?

Re: Pure KDE Packages.

well a stock kubuntu has very little installed that is non-QT/KDE, I think it is as 'pure' as any distro can get. Kubuntu is very qt/kde-centric, and I cannot think of any programs in a default install that isn't On my fairly clean feisty box, I only have 5/6 gtk library packages, probably to ease compatibility.

Comment

Re: Pure KDE Packages.

I've found that some of the Gnome programs are better than the KDE counterparts. Gimp beats the stuffing out of Krita. OpenOffice.org is a tried-and-true office suite that makes KOffice look like a cheap knockoff. Firefox has a much better design than Konqueror and the plugins actually work. But I think for the most part, KDE has Gnome beat. Those are about the only three exceptions I can think of.

Comment

Working...
      X