This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinnacle PCTV HD pro stick

The frustration level is quite high already with this one. I swapped another card for this one because this is listed as supported. I have been quite spoiled by Kubuntu because pretty much every thing has worked out of the box, so this is even more frustrating.

This USB TV tuner is listed as supported, and I can even see the device in Kinfocenter (only parts of the display will copy from the Kinfocenter panel - that's a helpful feature)

PCTV 801e

Manufacturer: YUANRD
    Serial #: 000053B097

I can't copy the freaking vendor ID out of the Kinfocenter display.
    Probably doesn't matter anyway.

dmesg shows these lines after inserting the card:

[ 3475.389957] usb 5-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
    [ 3475.522778] usb 5-6: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

I just want to get the FM radio receiver working so I can record a couple of radio shows.
    This shouldn't really require a degree in rocket science, but I have been working on this for some time now.

Prior to getting this device, I tried a Pinnacle HDTV PCI card. It wasn't listed as supported and the cx88xx module would load but would never work.

Is there a card that will Just Work(tm)? Again, I don't' really care about the TV portion, I want the FM receiver functionality.

Any help in getting this one working or locating a card that will would be appreciated.

Working...
X