This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange keyboard and mouse behavior

After upgrade from Edgy, I have problems with the mouse and keyboard. When I move mouse pointer, it occasionally stops, and mouse clicks are occasionally lost. When I type, I have to push a key many times sometime before it appears on the screen, and sometimes I push it just once, and I have a dozen of letters typed...

I had the same problem, when I installed Gutsy. I thought it is my beaten up Thinkpad (R40e) is failing, but after installing Edgy, the problem disappeared. But after the upgrade it came back. It looks like the processing of interrupts is messed up, or something, very strange...

I did search for similar posts, but I haven't found this kind of problem. I did check accessibility - it's off.

Please help!

Re: Strange keyboard and mouse behavior

I haven't heard that one before, but have you checked/compared the "keyboard" input stanza of the xorg.conf file in both Edgy and Feisty? Possibly Feisty needs a different keyboard definition than Edgy, for that model of Thinkpad? Just tossing out ideas here ....

Comment

Re: Strange keyboard and mouse behavior

It doesn't look like an X problem to me -- I found a temporary solution by booting the kernel coming with Edgy. Same xconf, but the problem is gone.

I found this discussion: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-566216.html, and I tried adding "noapic nolapic nosmp", but that did not help.

If anybody has suggestions -- PLEASE POST! Because of this problem, I cannot use the latest kernel as of now on my laptop.

Comment

Working...
      X