This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Keystroke slowdown....

I was playing in GIMP, using the Path tool, and was mousing clicking a lot. Finally, a window popped up asking if I wanted to slow down something.... I know, I was not thinking and accepted it. Wellll, it slowed down the keystroke to muck. After I accepted the pop up, I had to hold the key down for about 1 second before the character would be accepted on the program. This was the case for all applications. I rebooted, and the password manager worked perfect, but afterward, all was muck slow...

I looked at "stuff" for a couple of hours and finally just reinstalled.

Is there something I could have done without having to reinstall and reload/configure desktops?

thanks

Re: Keystroke slowdown....

Originally posted by spottedhog
    Is there something I could have done without having to reinstall and reload/configure desktops?
    Yes. Asked for help. Checked K Menu | System Settings | Keyboard & Mouse | Keyboard Settings | Keyboard Repeat | Delay

My delay setting is set at 660 msec
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

that was the first place I looked..... I had tried that setting, then several others going up and down. Still had the problem....

Anything else?

thanks

Comment

K Menu | System Settings | Accessibility | Keyboard Filters tab

Ensure that Slow Keys is not checked.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

ahhhhh yes... that is probably where the culprit was.

stupid me... never once thought to look in the Accessibility area.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X