X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-Link Router Firewall Issue. Please Help

Hello;

I need a way to make my D-Link router allow Limewire and/or Frostwire to connect. I'm not using an application firewall so when Limewire IDs a firewall, it must be my router. I do not want to use a static IP address since DHCP is working great.

I just found out that I can modify some of my router settings from within the K-menu System Settings menu using the administrator mode. What exactly should I change or add in order to get the applications connected and working?

Mark
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Re: D-Link Router Firewall Issue. Please Help

Refer to your router's documentation on how to modify it's firewall settings.

Routers commonly have a 'web' interface for changing the router settings, in which case use your browser to access http://192.168.0.1 (or whatever your router's IP address is. If you haven't changed it the default address should be found in the router manual)

Comment

If you have software firewall or security suite installed, unblock it for limewire.

Quote from limewire:
      Most routers are UPnP-enabled and should not need to be configured. If you are using an older router that does not support UPnP, you may need to set up manual port forwarding, or if the router uses a firewall that is blocking the connection, you may need to open a port for LimeWire.

Within the LimeWire options (accessible from Tools > Options on most systems), go to Advanced > Firewall Config, and locate the listening port. Open this port in your modem's or router's firewall for both incoming and outgoing connections, UDP and TCP.

Comment

Solved!!! Yes, the web access into the router and resetting the config settings did the trick. Thanks. I should probably make a new post, but here's a follow on challenge.

How do I enable the USB printer port on this router (DI-824VUP)? Even accessing the router settings via the web does not give me the ability to enable the port. I'll bet that utility is on the Windoze CD ROM that came with the router.

It appears to be a Windoze driver-enabled port only. Is this just one more example of hardware companies bowing in reverence to Redmond, or is there another way for me to gain access to this feature. I bought the router in order to set up a wireless network printer.

Mark
        "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Working...
        X