This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound on speakers but not via headphones

Hello, I'm hoping somebody will be able to help me with this seemingly odd problem.

I've just purchased a new laptop, Sony Vaio AR51E and following installation of Fiesty am having issues with sound. Playing just on the laptop speakers works fine but I can't seem to get anything when using the headphones. If I plug headphones into the port nothing comes out on them and the sound just continues to player through the speakers. The headphone port is definitely functional as it works fine under Vista.

Any help would be much appreciated, I mainly use the laptop in a shared office so headphones are a must if I wish to listen to music while I work.

Re: Sound on speakers but not via headphones

Did you enable Headphones in Kmix?
    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

Re: Sound on speakers but not via headphones

What sound card do you have. If it is in the family of Intel ICH8 integrated sound cards, then this is a known problem (as I've been trying to find a solution for my Lenovo Y410. Check you output of

Code:
      lspci
      If it is within this family, you might was to follow these instructions and see if they help:

http://linuxtechie.wordpress.com/200...work-in-gutsy/
      Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Working...
      X