X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop special key support policy?

Hi!

I'm a long time Kubuntu user. Now finally got a laptop (Toshiba). Everything from touchpad to wireless seems to be working great.

However the hotkeys are not working (FN + F?) nor the extra keys. This is particularly a bad thing when it comes to the touchpad, I can't enable or disable it on the fly. So I'm asking what is Kubuntu's policy on these hotkeys? Can I just say to somebody that implement these? Or am I on my own on this?

Re: Laptop special key support policy?

What model Toshiba? I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 and not all the hotkeys work, but a little more than half do. For the touch pad you could try KSynaptics.

Comment

I've got Toshiba A100-440. I didn't try all of the hotkeys since I found out that Kubuntu wasn't able to recover from sleep. I get no picture on the screen. So I wasn't feeling adventurous

KSynaptics seems what I need, thanks. That does satisfy the major point here. But it would be great if somebody implements these if I just gave the keycodes or whatever the developer might need.

Comment

KSynaptic is great, but unfortunately it seems that my touch pad can be enabled in BIOS but it could be disabled somewhere magical place.

I mean, it is ALWAYS ENABLED in BIOS, but if I boot to Vista, and use the Toshiba hotkey to disable the touch pad there, the touch pad is disabled magically. It is still enabled in BIOS but Kubuntu can't make it work. I need to boot back to Vista and enable it there too. KSynaptic doesn't help here, and it even crashes when shutting Kubuntu down if the touch pad is disabled

So it seems that these keys would be good to be functional !

Comment

Working...
        X