This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Cordless mouse - libusb permissions

Kubuntu Feisty has correctly identified my mouse as a Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman. However the keyboard and mouse settings page has the options greyed out and an error message at the bottom that says:

"You have a Logitec Mouse connected, and libusb was found at compile time, but it was not possibel to access the mouse. This is probably caused by a permissions problem - you should consult the manual on how to fix this."

Not sure what manual it refers to here.

please can anyone advise what permissions to set to get this working?

Thanks,
    Ray

Re: Logitech Cordless mouse - libusb permissions

Open up a terminal and execute "ls -l /dev/input". Post the output.
    For external use only.

Comment

Re: Logitech Cordless mouse - libusb permissions

I realize this post has not been posted in for an extremely long time, but for the sake of clarity and convenience for those who find this post via a forum search I thought it might be prudent to answer the question of the original post.

rzJ: To answer your question, the manual that was being referred to by the error message you received can be found in the following location as of Kubuntu release Gutsy Gibson v7.10:
      Kmenu > Help > Application Manuals > Settings-Modules > Peripherals > Mouse

From there under "Table of Contents" select. "Logitech Support". This will take you to the help manual that talks specifically about the message you've received and supposedly how to fix the problem.

Note: As of today It has "so far" been my experience that none of the help files (sadly including the one mentioned here) or searching forums can solve the problems associated with Logitech's trackball model named "Cordless Optical Trackman".

In other words, its an 8 to 10 button trackball (depending on whether or not you count the up and down of the wheel) that is wireless, and "so far", no help files or searches in forums have turned up any solutions to the problems of it only being recognized as a wired 3 button mouse. In other words, to my limited knowledge, this issue has not "yet" been resolved to the user friendly degree of Ubuntu standards (possibly mainly due to Logitech's inability or unwillingness to produce Linux compatible drivers for all of there products).

Comment

Working...
      X