This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio CD Won't Eject

This is a very new problem that just surfaced within the last few days and I can't figure out what caused it or how to fix it. All CDs (Rs, RWs) & DVDs will eject fine from either the desktop or a panel drop down but audo cds now will only eject the manual method -- pushing the button on the outside of the cd section of the laptop.

The only change I've made lately is adding an external WD Passport hard drive which mounts perfectly and can be unmounted easily as well. I don't know if this has any thing to do with the audio cd problems or not but I figured I better mention it.

Even my ipod can be unmounted thru KDE. Just not audio cds. This is the error I'm getting when I try:

error-kio_media_mounthelper

audiocd:/ cannot be found

I don't know why it says this especially as the audio cds are being mounted at just that point.

Any suggestions?

Re: Audio CD Won't Eject

How are you trying to unmount them?
    For external use only.

Comment

I've tried both using an on desktop icon and right clicking and using the "eject" option as well as doing clicking on the audio cd icon on the media applet on an upper panel on the desktop.

Also -- ... one other thing ... I have an external CD/DVD re-rewriter. When I insert an audio cd in it, it overrides the internal one which then dissapears but with no on screen unmount. If I have my desktop set where it shows audio cd icons, both will show up but both when opened will open the external drive only. If I cut it off, the internal audio will then reappear but will still be un-ejectable. This was not a problem until the last week either. I don't know what is causing either issue.

Comment

Myke,

I've got the same or similar problem on my Apple Powerbook G4 running Feisty. Once I load the CD, there are several commands in the right-click context menu that don't work. The eject command doesn't work, nor does the command to play the CD in Amarok. The message I get from the eject command is the same as yours, that "audiocd:/ cannot be found". When I try to use the right-click command to play the CD through Amarok, a small Amarok icon appears momentarily and then nothing.

Calling up an Amarok window from the system tray in the panel also fails. I get an Amarok window, and the tracks of the audio CD appear in it. But trying to get them to play just results in an error popup that says "Error loading media. No suitable plugin found. That often means the url's protocol is not supported. Network failures are also possible causes." Below that is the line "cdda:/"<number of the track I just tried to play>.

However, if I choose Amarok in the options windows that first appears when I insert the CD, and select "play in Amarok" from that menu, Amarok will play the CD.

Also, if I open Kaffeine after I've loaded the CD, and select "Play Audio CD" then the CD will play fine.

I can eject the CD through the Konsole terminal using the command "eject media/cdrom". That has worked without fail.

In my one test so far, DVDs have no problem and play fine.

Comment

Same issue with me.
          Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature. - Tom Robbins<br /><br />http://www.rebeldragon.com/

Comment

Working...
          X