This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustek Bearpaw 2400CU PLUS

If you need a cheap slim USB powered scanner for Kubuntu Feisty Fawn, I found that this scanner installs relatively easily. Steps I had to take were.
    1. Install xsane
    2. Download PS2Dfw.usb from http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/
    3. Follow the instructions given - which were [slightly adjusted from the original]
    Code:
    sudo mkdir /usr/share/sane/gt68xx/ [In my case, this directory already existed]
    sudo cp PS2Dfw.usb /usr/share/sane/gt68xx/ [using this in the directory to where you had downloaded the PS2Dfw.usb file]
    sudo chmod a+r /usr/share/sane/gt68xx/PS2Dfw.usb
    Note, as warned, I could only get xsane to scan half the page, so I downloaded PS2Dfw2.usb, renamed it to PS2Dfw.usb and replaced the original file in the gt68xx directory with this one remebering to change the permissions, as above.

I am surprised at the amount of control that xsane gives over the scanner settings. This cheap scanner is far easier to use under KUBUNTU than I had ever found under WINXP, where it misbehaved.

Thanks to Henning Meier-Geinitz for his work and to Mustek for providing the information. Greg
    [KUBUNTU 7.04]
Working...
X