X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound quality issues

Hi,

I seem to be experiencing mid-heavy sound with my HDA Intel sound card (sigmatel chipset as far as I know) when playing sounds (specifically music). Unfortunately I don't have any hard evidence for this, but I have been not very happy with the way my music has sounded generally (I have generally been using Amarok) and just a few minutes ago I played a friends demo from myspace in both windows and linux (both times using firefox + myspace flash player) and the sound quality in windows seemed to be higher.

Anyway is there any way of figuring if this is merely a perception problem or whether or not this has any merit? And if I find that it does, is there any decent way to fix this?

Re: Sound quality issues

I'd suggest checking any mixers.

Also make sure that your speakers/headphones are plugged into the right spot, e.g. not the low-frequency channel.
    For external use only.

Comment

I don't get any EQ options in any of my mixers, PCM is set to max, with the main fader being used to control volume levels. Also Headphones are plugged into the right jack.

EDIT:

I should add that I have attempted to use Amarok's EQ at times but have found it not to help much. (Amarok's EQ is currently disabled)

Comment

PCM is the one I turned down to around 85% (as best as I could guess) when I was having sound quality issues. I haven't had issues since.

Comment

Working...
        X