This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson stylus c80 missing in fiesty

Did upgrade from edgy to fiesty and have no Epson Stylus c80 printer. Tried the instructions here, but probably did not know what I was looking for or something.I don't see the ppd files, nor do I know where to find them online, nor how to load them if I did find them.

If it would help anyone, here is my lsusb:

Code:
    lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04b8:0005 Seiko Epson Corp. Stylus Printer
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Thanks in advance

Re: Epson stylus c80 missing in fiesty

Hmm, I've got a D88 and I needed to acquire the Gutenprint drivers for CUPS before mine would work. Can't remember exactly what I did after downloading it but I remember I used the graphical setup through KDE's Printing manager with CUPS to select the driver.
    Just a fox, a whisper.

Comment

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...cnum=Epson-C80

Follow instructions, you'll need to use alien to convert to a .deb file, but it's all doable by a noob -- I had to do the same thing for my C84.

:P

Comment

Appreciate the help on this. Have downloaded the stuff and ran alien and all that. Will advise in morning after I boot up.

Comment

Gutten print is available through synaptic:

Also turboprint provides excellent epson drivers.

http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

Comment

It appears that the Kubuntu Feisty CD got very crowded, and some printer drivers were thrown overboard to save space. Interestingly, Ubuntu Feisty still has them on the live CD.

I built a Kubuntu system last week for an elderly relative, and if I had been smart, I would have checked the Linuxprinting.org site before I bought that Canon PIXMA 6220 printer, because there is no free driver for it yet. I had to buy one from Turboprint. But, for $40 USD, it works great.

Comment

They are still there you just have to download them from the repos. Install the foomatic packages (2) and the driver will be there. It work for my Epson Stylus r220. Afterwards install the printer and driver data base will be updated.
              ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now wouldn't that be a helpful bit to put on the Kubuntu printer installation routine? :P

Comment

I Know! I had the same problem with my r220. I have used this printer on other versions and know it worked. Then I was told about the foomatic packages??

Comment

Guess I am missing something here. Loaded all that stuff up as I understood it all and the computer sees the stylus c80 as a scsi printer, not usb. There appear to be no obvious errors and I am out of ideas.

Listening for ideas from others :-X

Comment

Open konsole and type lsusb
                      Does the printer show up?

Comment

here is the lsusb:
                        Code:
                        lsusb
                        Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
                        Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04b8:0005 Seiko Epson Corp. Stylus Printer
                        Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
                        What else am I missing or do you need to know?

Comment

Total wipe of HDD and fresh install of kubuntu fiesty. Seeing it as the usb, as it is supposed to.

Fresh install of gutenprint as directed here: http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/O...DriverPackages

, but still must be missing something as it is still not finding the driver when setting up in add printer wizard. Or is there another set of directions somewhere that I missed.

Thanks in advance

Comment

You can install so called missing printers in the printermanager by using the CUPS management page.

http://localhost:631/

I have an Epson R220, and this printer is also not on the list and I can install it by the CUPS management page. This is a bug and the bug is already reported.
                            Free as meant in alcohol free.<br />Teetotalism rulez. - XXX

Comment

Worked. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X