X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upgraded to Feisty, now no keyboard

So that doesn't do anything?
    All I can suggest now is to run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" (backing up your xorg.conf first) and hope it detects your keyboard correctly.
    You are, of course, restarting the X server (Log out, Ctrl+E/Ctrl+Alt+Backspace/Reboot) after each change (and save)?

EDIT: Hey, here's something. Have you gone into System Settings > Regional & Language > Keyboard Layout and poked around in there?
    For external use only.

Comment

Re reply 15. Things are getting a bit technical for me so I cut my losses and reinstalled from a cd. That is another story. I have lost my wireless connection and only VLC will read my movies. Ah well isnt life a b.... some times.My key board is working fine and my xorg.conf is reading as it was when it was not working, ah well. Thanks for your assistance.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin

EDIT: Hey, here's something. Have you gone into System Settings > Regional & Language > Keyboard Layout and poked around in there?
        Whohoo!! Worked for me! After I upgraded to Feisty, my quote keys, tilde, etc. didn't work. Changed to 101-key keyboard (just give me the basics) in System Settings and I'm back in business.

Comment

Glad I could help someone.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people think "screw it, I'll just reinstall". I like to solve the problem. Only if I can find no way, exhausted every possibility, etc. can I reinstall to fix something. (I think it's OCD coupled with with some kind of geek mentality.)
          For external use only.

Comment

+1 If something's not working, there's always a reason. And with something as mature as kubuntu, I figured a keyboard problem could be resolved without a lot of drama. Thanks again, for the pointer.

Comment

Working...
            X