This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Glcore with my nvidia

I just installed Kubuntu Feisty herd 3 last night and everything was perfect. I got tired of working in the 800x600 mode so first thing I did was try to install my nvidia card, I opened up the package manager and installed the nvidia glx. I restarted the xserver and got a black screen. I went into safe graphics mode, logged in and started the xserver and got an error that said "failed to load GLcore".

So I suppose I need to install Glcore (although i thought it was installed) too but since I have no idea how to get online Ive no idea what to do now.

Any suggestions?

Re: Problem with Glcore with my nvidia

ok problem was that the instalation changed allt he simlinks but didnt change the xorg.conf so all I did was go into it and write nvidia instead of nv and that solved the problem.

But still Ive been fighting with the driver cause every time I change the monitor configuration or something it changes the xorg.conf back to nv so it happens all over again and I have to change it manually. Ive been playing a lot with the monitors since I have two monitors but I cant get them to work correctly, doesnt matter what resolution I set them to they are alwasy in 640x480 and the virtual resolution is the one that changes so the pixels the monitor shows are always the same and what changes is the borders of the virtual screen which in any resolution above that one are outside the area that the monitor shows. I went back to single monitor and dont seem to have much problems with that one.

Also I found that the nvidia driver from the apt get thingy is not as useful since it changes all the simlinks and thats why I was having problems with it, they recomend to install it directly from nvidia.com instead.

Comment

Working...
    X