Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye candy / How to change desktop appearance, any guides??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye candy / How to change desktop appearance, any guides??

Hey every1

Ive just installed kubuntu on my laptop, now i just wondered if any1 knew any good guides on how to change the appearance of the desktop menu bar cos ive seen a lot of screen shots of different menu bars and stuff

Also alot of cool things with CPU clock and stuff i just wanted to have a play around

Last question does any1 know how i can find out what driver im using for my graphics card?

Thanks for any help in advance

Matt

Re: Eye candy / How to change desktop appearance, any guides??

Alt+F2, kcontrol. Appearance and themes has some stuff.

Also, right click the taskbar, and you can add applets, menus, and other bars.

As well, check around in Adept, some stuff is around that's not in the default install.
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...44187#msg44187
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...46458#msg46458
      Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

One that is pretty neat is "kooldock"
        It has cool effects for the taskbar, there is another similar one which I can't remember the name for

to install type in terminal

sudo apt-get install kooldock

Comment

For all my eye candy needs, I use SuperKaramba. There are plenty of themes (CPU monitors, weather applets, even Mac-like docks and top bars) at kde-look.org. None of my themes are too taxing on my CPU (1.4 GHz.)

Comment

cheers guy ill definately go and check it out

Comment

Working...
            X