This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

business card software

I have used gLabels in the past on FreeBSD and was quite pleased. I can't find it for Kubuntu. Are there other alternatives for Kubuntu?

Peter

Re: business card software

I have installed glabels in Kubuntu Dapper. Also you might look at kbarcode and if i remember right Open Office has a section for making business cards.
    Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

You need to add the universe repositories. To do so, edit /etc/apt/sources.list as root, and you will see lines like the following:

# deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper main restricted
      # deb-src http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper main restricted

add "universe multiverse" after any occurences of "main restricted"

Remember to "Fetch Updates" in Adept, or run "sudo apt-get update" in order to use the new repos.

Once that is done, you should have around 18,000 packages available, including glabels.

Press alt+F2, and type "kdesu kate /etc/apt/sources.list" into the run box, in order to edit the aforementioned file as root if you're not comfortable with a CLI editor.
      I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Thank you. I was missing so many packages! I found glabels and installed it.

Comment

Working...
        X