This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mysql reset

I screwed up. I deleted the root mysql server accounts. I am really pissed that the phpmyadmin delete user button was labeled 'go'. I could really start to vent but I won't. My first thought was since I haven't done anything in the database I would simply remove the package and install it and I would be back at the default "root with no password" account. That doesn't work unless there is some obscure package I need to remove. So I search the net and came across some instructions on logging on with the debian-sys-maint account and I can log on with that but I don't have privileges to grant privileges to other users. I am so fed up with this problem. Please someone tell me how to start over with the mysql server!!
    FKA: tanderson

Re: mysql reset

I believe dpkg by default leaves config files intact even when you remove a program. Try running this from a command line:

sudo apt-get --purge remove mysql-server

Comment

That worked. Thank-you for keeping my sanity.
      FKA: tanderson

Comment

Originally posted by tanderson
        I screwed up. I deleted the root mysql server accounts. I am really pissed that the phpmyadmin delete user button was labeled 'go'. I could really start to vent but I won't. My first thought was since I haven't done anything in the database I would simply remove the package and install it and I would be back at the default "root with no password" account. That doesn't work unless there is some obscure package I need to remove. So I search the net and came across some instructions on logging on with the debian-sys-maint account and I can log on with that but I don't have privileges to grant privileges to other users. I am so fed up with this problem. Please someone tell me how to start over with the mysql server!!
        Given situation may be solved with the aid mysql recovery, which owns many different capabilities for settling out almost every trouble associated with mysql server files.

Comment

Working...
        X